Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Insomnia Tips

Here are this week's tips for getting back to sleep in the middle of the night (from my upcoming book):


When my mind is racing and I’m having trouble falling back to sleep, I try to picture a beautiful lake... I focus on the surface of the water and imagine that all my thoughts are drops hitting the water. At first, it's like a hard rain, and the surface gets really rough. Then, I watch as the rain slows down and the surface becomes very still.

--April Biddle


If you’re having a hard time turning off your mind, repeat some of the following phrases over and over and over and over...Say them slower each time, while imagining yourself drifting off into a dewy fog…

“My head is very heavy.”
“I’m very tired.”
“I’m going to sleep now.”
“I’m very sleepy.” (Try to yawn each time you say it.)
“I’m so tired.”
“I’m a good person.”
“Everything is going to be OK.”

-- Tracy Ivie

Got any tips to share? Please add below, and thanks.
Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments: